Freitag, 3. Oktober 2008

Boring and corny Tokyo

Hi there!

Back again and I'm in particular bad mood, well I know it would happen before I decided to go to Tokyo, but at the moment I'm really annoyed of the stubbornness and 'Spießigkeit' of Tokyo. Yes I knew that Kansai is a much nicer area, but we wanted to try out Tokyo first, for we tought that here we will get much easier a job, and for me I considered more concerts in this area. I know strange reason. ;)

We won't move yet, but perhaps we will. I'm sooooo ahhh well angry, annoyed and could kept on eyerolling every moment and Denise too. Yes Tokyo is a great city for shopping, although I never found anything there, that wouldn't have been at Osako too, but well yes it's nice and there are some interesting areas like Shimokitazawa and Harajuku of course. Well and there is Asakusa Shrine, Yanaka cemetery and Ueno Park, but nothing else. I really miss the beauty of Kyoto, the special air of it, the friendly and warm feeling of Osaka I loved that much. Many people here are sooo ... in Germany we would say 'spießig', old thinking minds, perhaps corny is the right word. It's seems a miracle that anyone who is German speaks good and fluent English. Everytime we talk to a Japanese and he/she get to know that we are Germans, they are looking at us with such big eyes. Everywhere they are only looking for native speakers, it makes me angry. But guess that is not specially Tokyo, but Japanese.

Yesterday we went to an apartment visiting to an old lady we should call elderly lady, but she is almost 80 ^^. Yes the nice lady of the Working Holiday Association told us it will be a nice, clean apartment in a green area. Well it is green, but the apartment is a mess, the rooms are stuffed with ancient furniture, waste and many more things, looking like a room filled with bulky waste. Every inch of 'our' closet had been filled with more stuff no one would ever need, like an attic. But it would be cheaper, around 50.000Yen and she would have permitted us a pet first. Ok we decided to take it for if anyone could make that apartment pretty it will be improvising German girls like us ;). We went to the office and talked to the secretary, who had awaited us, she told us that the old lady now don't want pets there- why didn't she say so when we asked???? But still we want to rent it.

We had to call today, for the old lady had make huge pressure about us to let her know today, the following day after the visit. First she talked to Denise, who did not understand her well and then me. To me she said her neighbour, we thought Nakamura san must be a neighbour, didn't like me having a tattoo, so she don't want us, but she said something different to Denise as reason. Strange lady with no courage.

But I guess it's better this way, we would have had much trouble with her about music, playing guitar and bass (both acoustic), perhaps working in a nightshift at a bar somewhere in Tokyo. Yes and perhaps she had been thinking we are lesbians, I had been told similar stories. Some of the Japanese people must be a little 'gaga' there, they couldn't imagine just friends sharing an apartment I fear. Everywhere we go they considered us sisters, but are very astonished we are friends and some are very suspiously. That's what is keeping me eyerolling. The old lady had been very strange after we had corrected her that we aren't sisters like the secretary had told her ( although the secretary knows we are no sisters), not so pleasant to us anymore.

Guess it had been a problem too if it should happen that we have boyfriends and they visit us, we would have have to introduce all visitors to her, for our type of men wouldn't have fit her point of view. We both like men with style, tattoos, piercings, music lovers and no salarymen types. If I ever get a wish, I would wish to visit her with a man ( true boyfriend or fake) looking in a way like Miyavi or Kaoru or Kyo of Dir en grey. Must be very funny stuff to do. ^^

Yes, it makes me angry, I hate people, who don't have the strength and wit to say what they don't want. I know it's not common to say something directly in Japan, but some things one must say directly like pet permittance and stuff like that, otherwise it's cowardly in my opinion. Yesterday she had said to the office lady, yes she will take us if we want, and now... not that I would have really wanted it, just because it would have been cheaper, that's all. Yes I hate people who do what their neighbours, other people etc. want- let the people talk thats our/my way, small minded people don't deserve to be considered in choices.

I really prefer people, who listens to their heart and mind, although sometimes you must consider society, but only in some ways. It is your live and you decide what to do with it and no one else.

Let me close with a quotation of Tolkien and Rowling:

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
It's not our abilities that show who we really are, it's our choices.

Love to all of you.

Keine Kommentare: