Samstag, 12. Januar 2008

my first entry.... Haircut adventure.....


Well today had been the first time to go to a haircutter during my stay in Japan. I hesitated long enough, afraid of the costs and communication, but today I couldn’t stand my hair look any longer ( I looked like a female mixture of Prince Iron heart and Luke Skywalker) and so I decided to look for a nice hair salon in Osaka during my shopping, I trusted the people in Osaka more to manage a nice trendy, freaky haircut than here in Kyoto. The first ones had been too expensive, who am I to pay around 7000 ~10000 Yen for a haircut only because of a famous brand name, the ones Japanese women go to, so they can say my hair had been styled by whoever.

I walked around a little and then I found a nice salon, where it only costs 2.100Yen. After considering 5minutes with myself I took my courage and went inside where a nice looking and smart end of thirty Japanese man awaited me with a smile. I took my breath and told him what I want, showed him some pictures of a magazines and we were talking in a mixture of Japanese- English and body language but we managed it and it started.

Such a luxury, first he shampooed my hair very gentle and I had been lying on an amazing chair, horizontal to the floor during the procedure, returned to my chair and he began, cutting and smiling and looked like he had some fun. He had done a great job and I had been amazed, but it went even better, he did not only the haircut, no, no he ironed my hair with such a pleasure, I had the feeling he enjoyed it very much, for he did it for around 20minutes and my hair is very straight and silky, so there were no use of doing it such a long time, but I enjoyed it too. After it he styled my hair and then after around an hour my new cut had been finished for just 2.100Yen.

I felt so ashamed of the low price I asked if he accept trinkets, I explained in Germany it is custom to gave trinkets if the customer is pleased with the service. He looked at me astonished but then smiled and said ok and I gave him some trinkets- yes very Gaijin… but I had a bad feeling, he had done so much for such a little price. If I’m thinking about the 10€ Hairdresser Salons in Germany…. No there are world between these and this salon and it didn’t cost much more than in Germany, to be true it had been cheaper, because of the shampooing and styling, which in Germany would also cost 10€ each.

Well in the end I got very girlishy red when he insisted of helping me in my coat after the trinkets an leading me to the door and open it for me with a deep bow- for the other customers thjey didn’t do that. It was cute, but I don’t like it if they gave me too much attention, I’m always thinking I’m like any other, like them, there is no use in behaving like I’m someone.

But now I’m feeling better with my new haircut, although I had planned to let my hair grow, but well it doesn’t matter and I don’t want to look like a twin anymore.

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hey ho!

I´m curious how you look now! Is your hair much shorter?
(btw, I can`t stand my hair as well at the moment xD ok, actually I don`t like myself at all at the moment -__-* I want to have long hair with my natural hair color god damn it)
Anyway, great you made a blog as well ^_^ I put it into my favorites so I can simply click on it and read your entries!
We`ll see us soon!

Annette