Freitag, 5. Juni 2009

Naoto x Hitler Fashion - I'm shocked

a lot.... a real big bit shocked. This evening I am bit bored and so I had a look at the new arrivals of Naoto online store and look what I've found:
Naoto + Die shirt

http://ses.s-inc.com/e-shop/app?component=psproductList.productItem.productLink&page=VSSubCategoryTop&service=direct&session=T&sp=l32604&sp=10

comes in pink and blue, and the blue one is almost sold out, just one left. I'm shocked, how can you put Hitler on a shirt for young people?

Yes I know that Japan has a bit different view, there is the fashion label which sells fashion inspired by the uniforms of SS and other uniforms of the Third Empire- but it is mainly for well a very special customers, but Naoto is the most popular Japanese label I would say, it is eyerwhere in the places of young fashion, in the magazines, the musicians and many more places.
Back to the point, well the uniforms of the Third Empire are great, no doubt of that (in just fashion way), it makes every man look good and they are as we say in Germany 'fesch', of course that had been intended by Hitler himself and the designer had done a good job in that time. And the symbols look very good, no doubt, in the fashion and design way it is good stuff- BUT what is connected with it is one of the darkest chapters of mankind. We learned and become one of the most tolerant countries in the world by now and it is very good German kids learn much about it in school.

I can't find any words what this shirtprint is making with me, I can only say I am shocked. I know Japanese are hiding their dark past, not taught at school and if you ever got a chance of visiting Yasukuni Shrine museum you will be more shocked of their point of view. Especially as a German you think they are off their mind after a visit.

I don't know yet if I will ever buy a Naoto fashion again, maybe it is a bit harsh, but in my high opinion a designer should know what the symbols he/she is using stand for, who are the people, what the lines say. I've seen shirts at Naoto store with printed lines saying in German language- Schlechte Zähne,fehlende Zähne- Deutsch üben... and other, it is just funny, but nevertheless telling you of stupidity. It isn't so complicated to look things up- it may happen to students, it happens many times at school that there are mistakes in translations, it is ok, that what study years are form to make mistakes. But as a grown designer in business for many years such mistakes shouldn't happen, especially if you earn so much money as H.Naoto, I think a man like him has money enough to hire a German language assistent to check the meaning of the printed words.

http://ses.s-inc.com/e-shop/app?component=psproductList.productItem.productLink&page=VSSubCategoryTop&service=direct&session=T&sp=l32889&sp=4

But language mistakes are just embarrassing and funny, no harm done, not like shirts with Hitler prints- I would think the same about other dictators or evil people.
I really don't know, right today I said to Denise that the Naoto stuff is bad quality, some washes and the shirts look old and used, I expect more of a over 50€ shirt- I have other expensive shirts I bought in Germany, between 40-80€ a piece, but they are worth it, after several times of washing they still look new. Same with Shocker label to mention something Japanese and Moi même Moitie or Black Peace Now. And after I've seen these prints well I think I will boykott Naoto fashion from now on, although some are very pretty, but with a guy who puts Hitler on a young fashion shirt I don't want anything to do or buy his stuff.

Keine Kommentare: