Freitag, 8. Februar 2013

Going Regency I

Well what shall I say, it has been a long time since I have written the last blog entry, but well here I am, back to do some sweet, nasty work ^^. I will use it to share my adventures in doll sewing from now on. 

Yesterday I got some free time and I started to make some clothing for my dolls. As often I had something totally different in mind. I got some lovely remnants from my dear Elwing & her mother months ago, too small to use them for human size clothings, but big enought for doll clothes. Thank you my dear- again. At first I had something like the dress on the right in mind - something like the limited Iplehouse Rexy Opera dress (pic by www.iplehouse.net). But has often the fabric had spoken for itself and so I started going Recengy- using these fabrics on the left. A lovely organza-lace left over from my their leftovers and a striped silk also from their remnants and I bought an ivory coloured dupioni silk. It had been my first time sewing such a dress, so I had been quite nervous. First I had used to much fabric for the doll, so she looked really pregnant. *lol*
After I had taken only half of the wide it looked fine to me. The model for this dress is by the way my Soom Idealian Eden, who is at the moment without her face-plate- she is at the face-artist. So full pics have to wait until Evie has finished her. My Eden, named Thalassa is a Victorian Vampire, but well as Victorian dress is rather difficult and I hadn't done any proper in sewing for some years, Naturally I didn't feel well with starting with Victorian dress. As I liked the Rexy dress I thought that oh well that kind of dress would look nice too and should be easier- a nice warm-up. Well in the my loving for Jane Austen had been bigger than my lust for the other kind of dress. *laughing* Entertained by some 'Midsomer murders' I started crimping, trimming, ironing and sewing for some hours. In the end I am nearly finished with the skirt parts. Hopefully I will find a way to make the bodice tomorrow. The lace is just to cover her nipples ^^. So far I'm satisfied with my work. :)




Keine Kommentare: