
At last my internet connection is working, I wanted to write this short entry days ago, but the internet didn't let me. It's a new doll project, which I call Swan of Tuonela. Maybe some of you know the story of the Swan, which accompanies the fallen warriors to the underworld of Tuonela. It's also a gorgeous classic music piece by Sibelius, a Finnish composer, many people know his piece 'Finlandia'. Here you can listen to 'The Swan of Tuonela' with the scetches from Fantasia, 'The Swan of Tuonela' almost made it into the 1940'ies movie, so they added these sceteches to the bonus Dvd of Fantasia. It's beautiful even in this rough state.
Second some of you may know Matthew Bournes production of `Swan Lake'? It's a gorgeous production, some may know through the ending of the movie 'Billy Elliot- I will dance'. In this production the swan isn't danced by a female dancer, but by a male. I really, really love this production, especially with Adam Cooper as the Swan. I had been thinking about a doll character like this for a long time and finally found the perfect setting for it. My incoming Som Galena head (white skin), which was meant for a boy character will be this character. I will work together with Manu from Manu's Doll store, as she is the only artist, I can imagine to do such a face-up. She is thrilled by this idea, so all is set. I will combine the head with a Super Gem male body (old type), at the moment I'm into discussing about buying an Arkose body from the DoA Marketplace, it will come from France, which is very handy. ^^ No customs fees. As I already own a pair of Arkose death wings I might use them for this character as well. For a bit of androgyny I will use a pair of female long nail hands for this character. I've compared the joints of the female and male Soom hands, and they look like they have the same size, so it should work.
I'm really excited about this project. ^^ Hopefully I will get the Arkose body. Guess in spring the doll will be finished, so stay tuned and watch out for my new boy ^^.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen