Dienstag, 26. Februar 2008

Music stuff


Always the same with holidays... instead of learning I'm enjoying myself with old music stuff (and unnecessary blogs like this one ^^).

It's strange the time in Japan clearly has done something to me with music too. So funny before I went there I enjoyed many, many Japanese bands and loved Visual Kei- now I don't like most Visual Kei bands, becaue mostly it's true and they can't make good music like a Japanese musician said and only want to see some few bands. ( and will sell some of my CDs)

In Japan I went to 26 concerts, a lot ^^. But it had been great and the majority had been Dir en grey (6), Moi dix Mois (4) and D'espairs Ray (7).
But also new ones, but none of them has given me the feeling my top 4 gave me, not even praised Girugamesh or 12012, Bis or The Studs. Unfortunately Mucc and Hyde didn't have concerts in that time or Gackt- yes I have to admit I would like to see Gackt once in concert ^^. But there will be a next time.....

Music had been my comfort in my bad time there, the sunbeam in the dark. Without music life would be very, very empty and poor in my opinion.

In three weeks Ancafe has a gig here at Hamburg but I'm not sure if I should go, it will depend on my mood on the day^^. Especially the German fans of J-Rock has become a whole true nightmare. Luckily I will go back to Japan, I'm really looking forward to see the gigs of Dir en grey and D'espairs Ray in May/June, so great to see my favorites in one week.




Yes, the world is changing and so me... strange in a way. Looking back, one year ago I had been a very different personality in many things- unbelievable, for me it's like I've been a whole lifetime in Japan and not only 5months if I'm thinking about my change.


To be true looking back my whole musical life has been changed in the last 4 years, since I found my music at last through Dir en grey. Funny how much music can change isn't it?
But now one Video of my all favourite band.


Please enjoy!

D'espairs Ray - TRICKSTeR PV

Meinem Profil hinzufügen | Mehr Videos

3 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

I hate Ancafe with a passion *lol* I know what you mean. Most of the recent visual bands put much efford in their look, but don't give a fuck about the fact that their music is shitty. No wonder that good musicians turned their back toward VK.

I'd also say that VK is as dead as grunge and new metal.

- Nicole

桜・ネリ hat gesagt…

Yes probably you are right. Although there are some bands, who had a good potencial in their music and I wouldn't say Girugamesh isn't good, but they aren't good enough for me *laugh*.

But most of the other bands during the Live houses, oh my god, such a nightmare. There were a bassist I called Saurons Mouth, if yo have seen Lord of the rings-Return of the King you know what I mean, such a grimasse.... awful. The whole time I would have liked to beat him at the face to stop that false grin. And the nightmare costumes... *shiver* I always wondered why all the girls around me are mad about them, guess only because they were musicians and they want to fuck some of them to make other girls jealous, who hadn't sex with a musician. So it seemed.

No I am now more proud than ever to say I am not visual. Some years ago I felt sick because I didn't fit any scene and my friend said I am not visual or anything else, now am I proud to say I'm only myself. I like some clothes of VK, but wearing Punk, Goth and casual clothes too, everything I like. ^^

Anonym hat gesagt…

Scene shit sucks in general. Wear what you like and what makes you feel comfortable. Guess how many people think I'm Emo, when I'm dressed in black and wear arm sleeves and Emily stuff. *vomits*
The same with Punk, Goth, Lolita... people only see black and white and can't accept it when others don't stick into one scene.

There is something about Girugamesh that I absolutely don't like. I can't express it.

I visit concerts of many indie bands from all over the world. Some of them aren't ... perfect musicians and many of them really, really lack of talent, but I often notice so many passion and energy while their concerts. This is the reason why I still stick with listening to these bands (live), because their concerts are often much more fun than the concerts of famous musicians.
Do you know what I mean? A lot of famous bands might be very good musicians, but they often don't put much effort into their performances - probably out of arrogance. This could be the problem with bands like Girugamesh.

God, I'm talking shit today.

- Nicole